ASR Fast Facts:
- Established in 1997 in Cummington, MA
- 100 students — 100% boarding
- College Preparatory / Therapeutic
- Year-round, Rolling Admissions
- Grades 9-12 / co-educational
- Flexible Length of Stay — average of 15 months
- 636 acre campus
- Ages 14-17.5 — average of 16.5
- Representing 28 states
- 30% females / 70% males
- The ideal Swift River candidate meets the "back on track" criteria. They have previously experienced academic and personal success and have gotten "off-track."
- ASR is designed to help them:
- Re- LEARN
- Re- CONNECT
- Re- DISCOVER
- Experiential transition from home, RTC, or wilderness programs.
- Small Orientation group — average of 12 students.
- Consistent communication between wilderness therapist and Pathways staff to download important treatment information.
- Protects treatment gains and provides a "bridge" to TBS.
- Preparation for transition through a variety of team building, experiential and introspective assignments.
- Academics begin at completion of Pathways.
- Specialized RTC transition track available.
- 100% College Placement
- Rigorous college preparatory curriculum
- 10 Teachers
- 3 Foreign Languages
- Organizational & Executive Functioning Study Skills Coach/Course
- College Courses
- SAT Prep
- SAT, ACT, SSATB test site
- Masters Level Librarian
- Life Phases Clinical Model
- Individual Counseling
- Specialized Group Sessions
- CADAC Substance Abuse Specialist
- Family Systems Support
- Individualized visit schedule, including a "Working Visit" 4-6 weeks after enrollment
- Psychiatric support with medication consultation and management available
- Alumni and Transition Care Services
- The Team Model:
- Progression through the Life Phases Model is based on competent functioning within the clinical, academic, and residential life domains.
- 5 Teams are each assigned the following:
- 2 to 3 Clinical Counselors
- 2 Teachers
- 3 Residential mentors
Family Education & Support:
- Working Visit 4-6 weeks after enrollment
- Family orientation seminars
- Individualized family education and support
- Family team workshops
- Rock Climbing
- White Water Rafting
- Mountain Biking
- Fly Fishing
- Portfolio Development
- Music Lessons
- Ultimate Frisbee